Archive for May, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.. step right up and take a look at the grandest invitations on Earth! Instead of waiting to take your kids to the circus, bring the circus to your kids, family, and friends. What better way to get the party started than sending out some fantastic circus tent invitations to get everyone pumped for the big event:
Don’t these make you want a night full of elephants, cotton candy, clowns, and big cats? Maybe the elephants and big cats are pushing it, but it shouldn’t be too much trouble to rent a cotton candy machine and hire a clown or two. But, first things first… make the invitations! Click below to purchase my SVG so you can make your own circus tent invitations:
Now that you have your circus tent SVG, get ready to create your invites:
1) Get materials! Find some cute paper and ribbon to make your circus tent your own. I used pink, purple, and red to make them girly. Change the colors to red, blue, and yellow to make them more boyish.
2) Use the svg to cut all your pieces. Then start gluing. I used spray adhesive on most pieces. However, the spray was not sticky enough for the scallop pieces since they are not being glued to a flat surface. I suggest using regular glue for these and the flags.
3). Cut pieces of ribbon to desired size. I made them approx. 14 inches long.
4) Print party info. and glue to the inside of invitation.
5) Close invitation and tie ribbon.
TA-DAAAAAA! That’s all folks! Come back and visit another time!
Whoo whoo is looking for some owl invitations? You are wise to check out this new post because its all about my new owl invitations! Check out these good looking hooters:
Ridiculously cute, right? Just click below to get started on yours:
Now that you have the svg here are some tips on how to put your invitation together:
1) Get materials! Find some cute paper and ribbon to make your owl your own. I used 28 mm googley eyes and small brads for the wings. I also recommend using spray adhesive for your paper crafts to reduce wrinkles and bumpies.
2) Use the svg to cut all your pieces. Then start gluing.
3). Connect wings to body with brads.
4) Glue on eyes and tie ribbon.
5) Print party info. and glue on owl.
The last step- Have a hootin’ time at your event!
When I was asked to do Power Ranger invitations for my friend’s little boy, I thought it would be an easy design since I was a Power Ranger fan as a child! Come to find out… the Power Rangers have gone through multiple makeovers over the past few years. The Power Rangers that I once knew are no longer what today’s youth know. They are now Super Samurai Power Rangers! I looked through some images and watched a few clips of these new rangers so I could make sure I could come up with a design that today’s children would be familiar with. Here is what I came up with:
Pretty awesome, right? What little boy wouldn’t love this? The design is actually very simple and easy to recreate! Plus… you can change the color to fit your kiddos’ favorite rangers! Click below to download the FREE .svg file!
Now just cut and glue your pieces together! I personally use spray adhesive to reduce wrinkles and bumpiness in the paper. I also use dot adhesives under the silver nose/eye piece. This gave it a really cool three dimensional effect that made it that much more super! Enjoy!