You don’t need a man to buy you flowers, you can make them yourself! Plus, these ones will never die!
Presh, right? I made these for my adorable niece who is turning 5 this year! She wanted a butterfly/flower birthday party and this is what I came up with (please keep in mind that they look so much brighter and cuter without the brown background- I am in the middle of moving so my camera equipment and set up is not easily accessible). Anyways, they are super easy to make and super easy to personalize with different colors and whatnot. Just download my .svg and follow the steps below.
Tips on cutting and assembling
1) These are not printable templates! You need proper cutting machines and software to use an .svg file, such as a cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot 2 or the Silhouette and it’s compatible software.
2) You also need to be able to print your own information. I set up all the texts for my invitations in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
3) Once you cut your pieces, simply glue them together. The .svg file comes with 2 main flower pieces, one has small triangular cutouts on one petal. Score inbetween these cutouts so the petal will fold. Once folded glue the two main flower pieces together as shown in the following photos:
4) Next step… keep gluing! Glue the yellow circle onto the front flower, and the stem onto the center of the back flower. Then glue your information pieces onto the inside of the flower:
5) Last step is to glue on a butterfly. I used butterfly clips that I found in the floral section of Michael’s. They had metal clips on the back but I cut those off so they would be easier to send through the mail. Keep in mind that you can use stickers and or scrapbooking embellishments. Also, switch it up with bees, ladybugs, snails… or whatever insect you desire.
And now for some party decoration ideas…
Well, since the theme is Flower/Garden/ Butterfly party- try to have it outside and flower it up! Use fun, bright colors!
And there you have it! Enjoy! One more thing…
Happiest Birthdays to the sweetest girl I know… Kenley Addison! Love you!